Welcome to Ms. Laurila's 2nd Grade Class!
Ms. Laurila 2nd Grade email@example.com
I am so excited to
your children this year! This is my fourth year here at Frontier
Elementary. Previously, I have taught preschool and first grade. I was
born and rasied here in Colorado Springs in District 20 and I love all
that this city has to offer. I graduated from Liberty High School - Go
Lancers! - and then attended the University of Colorado at
Boulder and received my degree in Psychology as well as my license in
Elementary Education. I am currently completing my Masters at UCCS in
Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in literacy.
believe the early school years establish the foundation for a child's
learning and provide the building blocks of success for the remainder of
their education. I hope that my dedication and passion for learning
will help your 2nd graders love school as much as I do.
look forward to making this a great year!
|A Day||1:10-2:10 Music|
|B Day||2:10-3:10 Art|
|C Day||1:10-2:10 PE|
|D Day||2:10-3:10 Spanish|
We love to use Seesaw to share our work!
A Closer Look
Wonders Unit 3:
- Week 5 - How do you express yourself?
Wonders Unit 4:
- Week 1 - What makes different parts of the world different?
- Week 2 - How does the earth change?
|Daily 5 - During the first few weeks of school, we will be learning the ins and outs of Daily 5 and building stamina (being able to stay engaged in the activity).|
- Read to Self - Students read "Just Right" books from our classroom library independently.
- Work on Writing - Students write in their writer's notebooks independently.
- Read to Someone - Students take turns reading a book with a partner and coach one another.
- Word Work - Students work with word parts and words to gain more phonics practice.
- Listen to Reading - Students listen to stories on computers or iPads.
|Math - |
Eureka Math Module 4:
- Lesson 26: Use math drawings to represent subtraction with up to two decompositions and relate drawings to a written method
- Lesson 27-28: Subtract from 200 and from numbers with zeros in the tens place
- Lesson 29: Use and explain the totals below method using words, math drawings, and numbers
- Lesson 30: Compare totals below to new groups below as written methods
- Lesson 31: Solve two-step word problems within 100
Eureka Math Module 5:
- Lesson 1: Relate 10 more, 10 less, 100 more, and 100 less to addition and subtraction of 10 and 100
- Lesson 2: Add and subtract multiples of 100, including counting on to subtract
- Lesson 3: Add multiples of 100 and some tens within 1,000
- Lesson 4: Subtract multiples of 100 and some tens within 1,000
|Daily 3 - During
the first few weeks of school, we will be learning the ins and outs of
Math Daily 3 and building stamina (being able to stay engaged in the
- Math by Myself - Students play may games independently.
- Math with Writing - Sudents work on a math worksheet or a math journal prompt.
- Math with Someone- Students play math games with a partner
|Writing - |
Quarter 3: Informative Writing - We will use various reference materials to find and answer qustions
|*We will use the writing process to create informative writing pieces in which we introduce a topic, use facts and definitions to develop points, and provide a conclusion|
*We will organize ideas using Thinking Maps
*We will apply grade-level spelling patterns & spell high-frequency words
*We will correctly apply capitalization and punctuation
|Social Studies - |
Quarter 3: History
|*Identify and explain how historians investigate the past|
*Analyze and describe how communities change with time